Yay, we’re hiring, keep checking our site for latest positions or join us on Facebook or Twitter – we’ll always post our openings on there too!
Senior Interior Designer
We are currently looking for a senior retail designer to head up our small but busy team.
- Need to have 5 − 6 years experience
- Have a passion for excellent retail design
- Must be able to present and run projects with clients
- Be talented with a passion for design
- Aware of current and latest trends in design
- Super organized
- Be cost and budget conscious across projects and responsible for managing your time effectively
- Want to work hard in a fun and friendly environment
- Be able to run projects from concept to completion where required from initial sketch ideas, development, design intent packages, client meetings and overseeing projects on site where required.
Type of work
Our client list is diverse from fashion, food, financial services and many other small and large brands in retail both here in the UK internationally (so oversees travel may occasionally be required).
- The ability to communicate via sketch ideas quickly
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to think on your feet
- Organised and thorough when running projects
- Dedicated and a hard worker
- ‘Hold your head’ when things get busy
- Well rounded person that fits in well with our small but passionate team
- Sketch up
- Vector works or Auto Cad
- Cinema 4D or 3D studio max
- Adobe Creative suite
Salary expectations 30 − 35k approx. depending on experience
Start date required: End of September 2012
If you are passionate about design and can deliver project without your hand being held please send us your CV today via email for the attention of Doug Barber to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please – thank you.
Barber understand how difficult it can be to get in to the industry so we occasionally have internships available for enthusiastic starters looking to get their first foot on the ladder. At the moment we have a position available for a bright, resourceful and energetic Marketing and Business Development Intern for a 3 month period.
You’ll have a passion for retail design, and a head for business. Initiative and enthusiasm matter more than past experience or credentials.
Working under the supervision of Sales & Marketing, you will identity and reach out to new customers through numerous channels whilst also keeping an eye on emerging design trends, and helping to maximise our press coverage.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining our profile on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook
- Writing, and sourcing imagery, for our blog
- Email newsletter marketing
- Writing press releases
- Sourcing and managing print
- General office admin
Barber Design are a fun, energetic operation and you will play a crucial role in our development over the next 3 months, as well as receive a discretionary bonus for any sales generated. We are also offering a weekly allowance for travel and lunch.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Hard working
- Good telephone manner and happy to make a lot of phone calls each day
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Multi-tasker and well organised
- Very presentable and happy to engage with clients
The placement is available for immediate start. Our Internships are always well sought after and therefore a brief statement explaining why you believe you are the right candidate for the position is essential. We are looking to offer a permanent position at the end of the term to the right candidate.
Submit your application by 31st August 2012, making sure to attach your CV in Word or PDF format and send to email@example.com
Desk space available
We have some desk space available in our spacious studio. Available on flexible terms. If you work better in a busy but relaxed environment than your own four walls, why not give Lucy a call on 07941 001 335.